RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a new 2017 Thor 23' c class rv. Why can I not get…

Hello. I have...

Hello. I have a new 2017 Thor 23' c class rv. Why can I not get fresh water in to it. I have a 40/50 psi hose attached to my hose at home, but the fresh water read out gauge does not change from 1/3 full after a 1/2 hour of running water into the rig. What is the pblm?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2017 chateau 23u

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

Where would that be on the rv?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've run the water into the rig on a level surface. Still no change in the tank read out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Just why can I not get fresh water into the rig and/ or is the rv reading the tank containment accurately? My other tank read out seem to read accurately?

7/10/2017
RV Mechanic: TIM MOHR, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, RV Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** are 2 places to put the hose for fresh water, one is labeled fresh water fill, and the pther is labeled city water, the first is for filling the tank, the second one is for pressurized city water, this will not fill the tank, but rather pressurize the system, where you are filling it, is a screw on connection for a hose, or just a filler neck that you insert the hose into?

Are you still here?

I am trying to fill from the screw in city water inlet

that connection will NOT fill the tank, that is used when you have water pressure, to fill the tank, you have use the filler neck marked POTABLE WATER or FRESHfill, that is the one for the tank,Tim

Thanx Tim. I will try that.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, RV Mechanic