gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Awning on rv not retracting

Customer Question

awning on rv not retracting
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

W​hat is the make and model of your awning? Are you plugged into shore power or not?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Generator
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay. This is a carefree one touch platinum awning that is stuck in the extended position. Belt only moves 2" either direction. Appears to be in a locked position. Manual no help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tell Randall never mind. Has been over an hour since I started messing with this. Wind coming up and I need to get the awning down so I will remove it from the RV