RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a Dometic refrigerator model RM2652. Works on electric…

Have a Dometic refrigerator...

Have a Dometic refrigerator model RM2652. Works on electric and gas. Currently works only on electric. When I try to put it on propane, I can hear it click, but doesn't make the whoosh sound or ignite. Can you tell me what part(s) I would need to make the refrigerator work on propane again?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

The problem is that it is not making the noise to start on gas. The problem just began last week. The refrigerator works on electric, but doesn't work on gas now. In the past, to make it work on propane, I would turn it on, and would hear a click then a whoosh sound and the ignitor would start. I now hear the click, but nothing after that. It doesn't seem to be igniting. Do you know what part I would need to fix it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Dometic Model RM2652. It is in a 2005 RV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

My brother fixes it. He's a pretty good handyman. The first time it happened he took off the panel and wiggled a couple of wires and then it worked. I let the refrigerator run for about a day and thought it was good to go. But the next time I tried to start it on propane, I would hear a click and then nothing. Like the pilot didn't start. Brother can take out the parts and replace them. He says the sparker doesn't ignite. He doesn't know if it is a control board or a re-ignitor. Do you have any idea what part?

7/6/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What information do you need?

Go out and have someone watch the ignitor while you try to use the LP mode and see if it is actually "clicking" and trying to ignite. If no, then that is the problem and I need your Product Number to know which part you need. They have used multiple systems on this over the years. That will be on the data tag on the inside of the fridge. I am attaching a link to a copy of the Dometic Service Manual for this model. Print it out so you have it. Lots of great information in there. All follow ups are included in our fee. NO time limit. http://www.fourwh.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started