RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

With our dometic rv refrigerator switches to gas the flame…

With our dometic rv...

With our dometic rv refrigerator switches to gas the flame is lit but the refrigerator does not cool

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

When it's on auto.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the ignitor checked the burner. The burner was lit but fridge does not cool

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was told if the burner was lit the fridge should work

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/30/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Does it work good on AC power???

What is the model of the dometic?

it works good on AC. The model is DM 2652RBX

OK

Give me a few mins to type a response....

SO YES if the flame is going it should be cooling. IF it cools on AC power but NOT LP many things can be eliminated.

SO right off the bat I would have the LP pressure tested, if the pressure checked. IF the pressure was low then the fridge may not cool very well or at all. This would require a manometer at the back of the fridge to check the pressure. In the shop it is a 30 min check.

I would also make sure the flue canister is clear and clean and that the canister is not at fault, you should have heat going up the flue canister to the top. If that canister was obstructed in the area that is below the heating element then it might not cool. Try and get an air nozzle and rubber hose and run it into the flue and give short bursts of air to clear it.

What you can also try is go to the circuit board outside and unplug the two wire connector and try running it on LP, that is the thermistor and when you unplug that the fridge should default to full cooling. IF it cools unplugging the thermistor then I would replace it. It plugs into the P-2 connector on the board.

The key is that it works good on AC power so to start I would advise to have the LP pressure checked to start...

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert

How do I contact you later if necessary?

Just bookmark this page and respond to this message, I am around early am pst and evenings during the week and available most of the time on the weekends, I respond when I can...

Thanks, Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
I just checked the water heater on gas. It runs for 2 or 3 seconds and then shuts off. Is that due to low LP pressure?
Phone call session started