RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I bought a magic chef frig which was much cheaper than a…

I bought a magic chef...
I bought a magic chef frig which was much cheaper than a replacement frig for the RV I have. It says not for
rv use in the booklet. I have an ac conection in the back where the original frig was connected but I don't know if that's good or not. do I need another outlet or an outside power source?
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

ok what else do you need. it a 5th wheel rv made by6 keystone a montana model 2007

You can use it as long as you are plugged into shore power. The main reason for not being for RV use is that when you are travelling or dry camping it won't work. If you are in a park all the time, then you are fine. Many people that stay in a park full time use a residential fridge. Don't throw the other one away as it has some salvage value. It can be rebuilt and used again. Hope that helps. Please get back to me if you need more here. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit. You will have to plug off the LP line, so don't overlook that!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started

Tried calling you 4 times...........