RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We we are preparing to head out tomorrow and our fridge

Customer Question
Hi ... we we...

Hi ... we we are preparing to head out tomorrow and our fridge isn't cooling. we're on electricity currently. freezer is cold.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2010 Fleetwood Terra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are trying to get it in working order ourselves so we are ready to go tomorrow. haven't done much yet ... it's in the driveway .... went to load and saw that fridge/freezer was not on/cold when on gas (thought maybe low propane) and CHECK light was on .... plugged in to electricity and now freezer is nice and cold but nothing in fridge.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

No lights on now, but DID HAVE a CHECK light on above fridge where the buttons are for gas/auto on fridge. CHECK light went off when I reset buttons after plugging in to power

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
6/25/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of your fridge? Is it level or not?

If it isn't level, turn it off and let it sit for a few hours and then level it up and turn it on again. Full cooling can take up to 8 hours. And take a look outside when you open up the inspection panel and tell me if you see any yellowish debris around the base of the burner area.

J​ust checking back in to see if perhaps you might have missed by earlier responses to your question a few days ago? Not hard to do considering the volume of e-mail most of us get every day! Or it may have ended up in your spam file. Please let me know if you need me to resend it. Thanks!