Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a dometic RV refrigerator mod # RM3962LSSFX we lost

Customer Question

I have a dometic RV refrigerator mod # RM3962LSSFX we lost ground to electricity,replace black box on back of refrigerator outside,and the control board on panel in front. Was coming on propane only cannot get it to switch to electricity.now not coming on either one.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2015 376bHok. Forest river sandpiper
JA: What is the model of your '15 RV?
Customer: What other number besides the 376BHOK
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, replaced outside control box ,replaced control board inside
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have power to Refrigerator and the board.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

SO is the fridge even turning ON at all?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The light coming on and did run on propane for awhile but will not run on electricity.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I received message that you can't call be on phone ,but can help me online . So what are your suggestions of what to check .
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

I can call you if you like.....??? I had to step out for a second....

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not understand I already put in my card info now requesting it again!
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

There is and ADDED fee for a phone service. SO I can try and help you in this format if you like, you can go back and forth with me as much as you like....

I do have some more questions for you to get a better idea of what is going on, if you would like me to procedure let me know, there is no time limit as well.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

1... Is the fridge right now turning ON?

2... Does the fridge appear to working but no cooling, the flame is going outside, no cooling, the AC portion appears to be working but no cooling.

3...Will it cool on LP and not cool on AC power??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have updated my card information.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Error code 3
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

YES please keep in mind it takes time to type you a response, I will respond shortly.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

IF you are getting a E3 code that means Overheating thermostat is open. Check for continuity of the thermo disc and thermo fuse, reset if tripped. Check for restrictions in venting and possible internal failure of the cooling unit....

Go to the outside access and look on the flue canister, click HERE and see page 18, there is a thermo fuse on the flue canister, in the center is a tiny button that pops out when it trips, make sure it is not tripped or it will prevent the fridge from working......

Let me know... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Also this model should have a thermal fuse, it talks about that on the same page....

Thermo Fuse The flip cover control module uses an add’l thermo fuse for over heating protection. This is located on the back wall behind the burner. It is inline with the thermo disc and if either device is tripped, the cooling cycle is stopped. This will result with a E3 code on the upper display module. The fuse can be checked for continuity. The fuse is Normally Closed (Has continuity) and opens (No Continuity) when over heated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you call me?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

It appears I can not call because the system will not allow me to, click HERE for customer service and they might be able to straighten everything out, I am sorry for the inconvenience, I have nothing to do with the billing, memberships, or processing..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert