Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2005 wilderness 35ft fifth wheel. it had a snow load on roof

Customer Question

2005 wilderness 35ft fifth wheel. it had a snow load on roof and pushed roof in by AC unit. it's visible from in side what would this repair cost? thanks Ben Arvig
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the RV Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: no thanks
JA: What is the model of your '05 RV?
Customer: not sure I'm thinking about buying it if the roof repair isn't that costly
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we tried to push it out with a jack but just popped back in when the jack was removed. it doesn't leak so i didn't want to go any further. i need to have it repaired by an RV person
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just an approx cost for that kind of repair
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

So more then anything the labor will cost the most, the AC unit will have to be removed and that area will need to have some support put in, hard to say without seeing in person but I suspect it will cost around 8-10 hours of labor if the interior ceiling needs to come apart. A RV shop will charge about 1 hour to remove and replace the Roof AC unit, and when the unit gets put back on make sure they use a new gasket that goes between the roof ac unit and roof. I would say ballpark you are looking at around 1K it would probably take a full day of labor to do this type of repair.

Most RV shops will also give you a free estimate prior to repairs as well.

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

IF you also want to send me some photos that may help out as well, you should be able to add some photos into your reply using the paper clip icon, I am around daily and respond when I can...
Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert