Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a atwood 10 gallon heater. Installed new circuit

Customer Question

I have a atwood 10 gallon heater
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: installed new circuit board and it still dost not light
JA: What is the model of your '10 RV?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: unit will show power but not light
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: could it be the Eco switch?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Normally you will have a brown wire with a clear plastic shield over it that is the high limit or thermal cut off, when that blows it cuts power to the board, it will be connected to the board. What you can do for testing ONLY is bypass it and see if the water heater starts to spark and lights off. It is a one time fuse when it blows it has to be replaced. IF you have a volt meter you can also check continuity through it. IF you are not seeing that OR that does not work bypassing please respond back with the full model number of the Atwood....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page......

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert