Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Having cooling issues with my fridge. 121X series, model

Customer Question

Having cooling issues with my fridge. 121X series, model 1210. It has stopped cooling twice within last 2 weeks. It will then start cooling fine. Last night the temp inside the unit was in danger zone on temp gauge. This morning its cooling great. We removed all food overnight.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Where are headlights? Inside lights are working and push button lights for temp and mode are working. Is there a light for the on/off button?
JA: What year is your Tempo?
Customer: Our rig is a 2015. Not sure where to find the year on the fridge.
JA: Are you fixing your Tempo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a mobile repair guy come out after first time. He did test continuity on both burners. It was registering on both he didn't have nor old specs with him. He checked fuses. They were ok. I hear the fans running from time to time.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: After first time cooling stopped, I put unit on propane and it worked. Then it began working on AC again. Yesterday it struggled to work on both. Freezers appear to be staying frozen??
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Then what happens?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

SO normally the key is to see if it is NOT cooling on both sources, if it does not cool on both sources it could be a number of things, could be the thermistor, exhaust blocked, door gaskets, cooling unit etc. The fans will come on and run from time to time, they are controlled by a thermostatic disc.

So What I would do is check the thermistor placement and then do a self check on the cooling unit. Going to give you a service manual, these are things you can check out, click HERE and see page 65 for the cooling unit testing and then see page 47 for the thermistor placement. IT will also give you all the specs on the AC heating elements, but if it does not cool on LP as well then I doubt they are the problem.

Make sure the doors are sealing properly as well, get a dollar bill and shut it between the seals all the way around the door and the bill should not fall in any areas at all between the seals.....

Hope this helps out some, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, it is the only way I get "credit" for helping out...

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert