Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Slide outs pause multiple times with extension and

Slide outs pause multiple times with extension and retraction. We've lubricated the slides, optimized the hydraulic fluid levels, added a battery in parallel (this helped some). Any thoughts?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Battery isn't leaking original battery is 700 amp, additional new battery is 1000 amp
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2013 forest river sierra 355RE
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We're trying fixes ourselves first. We've lubricated the slides, added a new battery in parallel and have ensured the hydraulic fluid is appropriately full.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When we bought the even used, slides would stop once if temp was cold. Now stop up to 8-10 times per extension/retraction

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​hat sounds like a shortstop breaker is opening up due to to either low voltage OR an excessive current draw from the motor. That can be due to one that is failing or from a dirty ground lead. I would take a small digital multimeter and check the actual operating DC voltage at the pump motor when the power is actuated and see how much, if any it drops. Then get back to me and we can discuss some solutions here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

J​ust checking back in to see if you perhaps missed my earlier response a few days ago? Easy to do with the volumes of e-mail most of us get every day. Or sometimes these end up in the spam file. Please let me know if you need me to resend it or still need additional input on this issue. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi. Thanks for the follow up. We were on a trip and after we got home the slides worked perfectly. Since we added the second battery in parallel the slides have progressively improved... I will check the leads and try the slides again. I have a multimeter now and will also check the dc voltages. Thanks for your suggestions!Ted

Thanks for getting back to me, Ted. Glad to hear that it cleared up and the second battery should help. Please take the time to enter in a Star Rating as that is the only way I get credit from the site for the time spent assisting you here. Thanks!