RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2004 Arctic Fox camper that has a Norcold fridge.

I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 Arctic Fox camper that has a Norcold fridge. It won't turn on. We have tried new fuses in the main fuse box, but to no avail. The microwave works, the air conditioner works & the slide-outs work, just not the fridge.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I would guess it's a 2004. Trying to get the serial # for you. CU1604268.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all the info. I have at present.

6/2/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO what is the model number number of the Norcold?

Should be a sticker inside the door, Most Norcolds start with the letter N and a number.....

Robert

IF you do not know that is fine I can still tell you what to look for, also if you want to do a call that is also an option for an added fee. IF not I can help you in this format.

ROBERT

N621

IF the fridge is not turning on at all and you checked the main fuse panel go to the outside access panel and remove it. Some Norcolds (1200's) have a high temp sensor which is a small black box with a led on it, if you see that and the led is ON (red light) let me know.

IF you do not see that sensor you will see a circuit board lower left of the fridge (under the outside access panel) unplug the fridge from the outlet and remove the cover on the board, you will see some fuses one fuse is for DC power and one for AC power. The DC power fuse is what allows the fridge to turn on, make sure it is not blown.

IF the fuse is not blown then you need to verify the voltage going into the fridge. IF you have NO voltage going into the fridge then check your fuses again and look near the battery for a blown fuse.

I just got your response, I am going to send you a service manual that shows the board and fuses, respond in a second with that info....

ROBERT

Thank you very much for your help!

Click HERE for a service manual, it will have a troubleshooting tree and mentions most of the items I mentioned. VERY important you unplug the AC cord from the outlet before removing the cover on the board, you do NOT want to touch the AC fuse when it is plugged in......

IF you still need more help please let me know.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, you can still follow up if needed.......

ROBERT

HERE is a bit better manual, it has better pictures for you to reference..... See page 11.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, it is the only way I get "credit" for helping out, you can still follow up if needed I am around daily and respond WHEN I can...

ROBERT

HI was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic