RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a norcold frig in Rv and it's not cooling. Model…

We have a norcold...

We have a norcold frig in Rv and it's not cooling. Model 1210IM

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just purchased camper recently

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Rv sales person told us likely the computer board

5/29/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​t is almost never the control board. We can do some testing to track down the problem if you have a small digital multimeter. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing. One thing you can check is to open up the outside inspection cover and check for any yellowish debris or residue around the base of the burner area. That would indicate a cooling unit failure. And if you can get back to me with some additional information that would help. Is the fridge coming on and just not cooling or not coming on at all?

coming on not cooling keeping inside temp around 78Still there Randall

Yes. Was on another question. Did you check around the burner area?

Service tech at Rv dealer said there was electricity going to computer but not going out

On the AC circuit? The fuse may be blown or the AC element may be bad. Does it cool on LP mode or not? I am adding a link for the Norcold Service Manual for you. Print this out. Good stuff and shows how to test these features. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold1210.pdf

If you have a meter we can test this and find out.

I don't have a meter

About $20 or so at your local hardware and easy to use........I can direct you in the testing.

No does not cool on lolLP mode no does not coolwhere is your Rv shop located I see you are mobile tech

Northern California near the Oregon border.........

Ok in Missouri

A​ bit far for a mobile call.

The tech at Rv dealership did a lot of testing. Can a control board be purchased directly from norcold or do I have to go through authorized dealer.could not afford your mileage charge. Ha

You can get one online. I would get one made by Dinosaur Electronics. Made in the U.S. and superior to the OEM boards made in China.

if I can purchase from norcold what will they need other than model and serial numbersOk so Dino has a web page

Yes and I am attaching it to this. You will need to know the part number of your board. Six digits beginning with a "6" along one edge. http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Nor_boards.htm

Ok thanks for all of your help

Y​ou are most welcome! Please take the time to enter in a Star Rating as that is the only way I get credit from the site for the time spent assisting you.

Ok

Thanks! Get back to me later if you need more........

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification