RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2013 thor palazzo 33.1 diesel motorhome. Last

Customer Question
We have a 2013...

We have a 2013 thor palazzo 33.1 diesel motorhome. Last night the large slide wouldn't go in. We had to disengage the motors and push in by hand.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Looking for replacement motors

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 RV?

It was at Camping world for service over the winter. We have a 2013 thor palazzo 33.1 diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Spoke with a tech last night and tried all the reset options and ended up taking the motors off track and pushing it in by hand so we could get home

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

W​hose slide hardware to you have in this? It sounds like a Lippert Schwintek system from your description. Get back to me with this and I can assist you further here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

We ordered new motors. Assuming since one side moved and the other didn't, the motor was bad

I would have tested them first. It can be a number of things that can go wrong. Most of these motors will last well over 3 years. If you need more help when they come in, get back to me. Please include whose system we are working on here.

We tried everything the tech from thor told is to. We have the schwintech system in our palazzoIf they only last 3 years, ours is a 2013, guess we're due

Most last well over 3 years.........and it depends somewhat on whose system you have. Some are better than others.

J​ust checking back in to see if you were able to get this going again and how did those motors test out?

Got things moving again. Got to the race track and it wouldn't open. Tried it again later and it opened fine. We'll find out later if it goes back in. Found the lower seal was catching in the roller.

K​ind of odd............don't know if I have heard of that happening before. But, that would sure do it! Please let me know if you need more later. Be safe!

Will do. Thanks

You are most welcome! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer.