RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Thepower panel wont light up I have 12 v and 120 v power to…

Thepower panel wont light...

Thepower panel wont light up I have 12 v and 120 v power to the ref

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On front of ref where you set on off gass elect

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 RV?

Model number of ref is

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put in a new batt. The modle of the ref is RM 3862

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Domtic RM 3862 Prod #(###) ###-####60-05

5/24/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So on the back of the fridge you have a terminal block the DC power goes to, make sure you have voltage at that point, it will be a plastic block the wires get screwed down to. IF you have voltage you will see the wires running to a circuit board. Unplug the cord from the outlet and remove the cover on the board, on the board are some fuses, one fuse is for the DC power or what allows the fridge to turn ON.... Make sure the fuse is good and not loose on the holder. IF the fuse is good look on the flue canister for a small disc with a button on it, that is a high temp cutoff and if that trips it will cut power to the fridge. To help you out on this click HERE for a service manual.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please select a STAR rating on the page..... ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Let me know if you need more help on this, I see you requested a refund, not sure why. You can follow up as much as you like on this....

Robert

Sorry I didn't want to get into a Full time membership, But I didn't find the reset on the fluFor some reason the Ref is back on Running on Ac But the power light still isn't on the auto an Ac lights are now on and the Thermostat light is on all been off for three days

I will close this question out as you have already been given a refund. The credit that was given to me was taken away this am.

Normally you can go back and forth with an expert as long as you like with one charge but it appears you have been refunded.

Normally we can save you big time on not going to the shop and getting charged the labor time and down time.

Sorry it did not work out.

Robert

Thank You Robert