RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

No Ac 120 vac to receptacle for front TV / right side

No Ac 120 vac...

No Ac 120 vac to receptacle for front TV / right side receptacle by upper window has no 120 Vac / Bedroom Receptacle has no 120vac . I have 120vac on the left side of Motorhome . I reset GFI cct breaker nothing . I reset outside GFI nothing I reset the bathroom GFI nothing . I disconnected from Shore power ran the generator onan and same situation no 120 vac from 3 outlets on right side

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No 120 vac to receptacle for front TV / right side receptacle by upper window has no 120 Vac / Bedroom Receptacle has no 120vac . I have 120vac on the left side of Motorhome . I reset GFI cct breaker nothing . I reset outside GFI nothing I reset the bathroom GFI nothing . I disconnected from Shore power ran the generator onan and same situation no 120 vac from 3 outlets on right side

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2015 3051s Forest river class c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I reset GFI cct breaker nothing . I reset outside GFI nothing I reset the bathroom GFI nothing . I disconnected from Shore power ran the generator onan and same situation no 120 vac from 3 outlets on right side

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Loacation of the inverter bybass switch ?

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/20/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Did you check the inverter for a tripped breaker? Most inverters will have one or two breakers on them and the TV is normally wired through the inverter.

IF you can get me the make and model of the inverter...

Robert

I dont know where the inverter is located I have a 2015 Forester Class C 3051S

Hard for me to say for sure, I saw you mentioned it, an inverter allows you to have AC power when you are unplugged, a power converter will not do that. Let me see what I can find out on this.... Robert

SO on your model it is an option for the inverter if you had an inverter you would have a remote panel, If you have an inverter, the inverter will take over when 120VAC power is not available. The inverter control panel is located above or near the entrance door.

Do you see a remote panel near the entrance door?

just the electrical panel with the main ac ccct breaker plus the dc fuses on the left side no inverter panel

Also I have to ask this, is the ignition key ON? Then only reason I ask is many set ups will have a lock out if the ignition key is ON to prevent you from watching TV from driving down the road, it is a safety feature they use. I have seen some cases where owners set up plug in and forget to turn the key off, do not want to over look anything.

Robert

ignition is off key is out Im thinking I have power to Left side L1 and neutral but no power L2 and neutral which powers from the inverter bypass switch but I cant seem to physical find the inverter or the inverter bypass switch

If you do not have a inverter panel inside the RV I doubt you have an inverter, if you look at your breaker panel does it say converter or inverter?

converterIm thinking I dont have an inverter also thats why this has me confusedMy son hooked up his xbox to the front Tv receptacle and he said it was working then his box went out after that no power to the front receptacle the side receptacle and the rear bedroom ac receptacle DC works fine

Right so different animal, all a converter does is take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage, and charge the battery.

SO at this point what I would do is get a polarity checker, it will plug into the outlets and tell you if you have a wiring issue, if it picks up nothing at all you have to verify AC voltage in and out of the breaker for that circuit. You could have a bad breaker. IF the polarity checker picks up a fault then isolate the power, go to the first non working outlet that is closest to the breaker panel and start checking all your connections, work away from the breaker panel, if one outlet has an issue the others are going to fail as well, they are all tied together.

Most home improvement stores have the polarity checkers for a few dollars.

Beyond that I might have a RV shop take a look at this when you can.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, I try my very best and sometimes it can be a challenge online... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic