peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Touchpad of 500210 has no power light although meter tests

Customer Question

Touchpad of 500210 has no power light although meter tests 12 volts to the six pin harness with No 5 hot and adjacent pin #6 adjacent to it hot. (ignition on, park brake set, in park on shifter) . Tested fuses on touchpad #1 and #5 with meter as good (continuity). Do hot wires lead to a breaker box on driver left panel or under hood fuse box, OR, to the coach main fuse panel with converter and circuit boards? I understand there may be an external fuse or breaker that I can reset and have not checked 10 amp inline fuse on harness off pump solonoid yet. Jacks are all in up position and touch pads "jacks down light" is illuminated. Not sure where to look or to check fluid level and float in case it is interrupting the circuit. Unit is 1999 Tropical/General/Ford V10/3370. suggestions to isolate the power light issue?
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: Manual is very vague and have located a small six by six inch next to driver and main motherboards at electrical control center. It mentions a P12 slot fuse, 10amp on distribution panel and possibly resetting button on 30 amp solonoid side from section 12-4 of owner's guide. No shop manual. Indicates orange/white wire and I believe that is the hot wire color to the touchpad. Fuse, breaker, or should I just check the pump harness fuse first and then start tracing the orange/white wire back from touchpad? Any ideas besides replacing the touchpad and harness which I don't think is an issue yet.
JA: What is the model of your '12 RV?
Customer: see above. 3370 I think but not here at home to look. It has the tag axle.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I have automotive experience and all meters and tools. rv is a bit more complicated with DC/AC interfaces and power controller boards and fuses.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just where the fuse or breaker is located since I don't have a manual and I'm relying on his prior familiarity with this specific coach. thanks!
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

The touch pad can be a component that will fail and cause this fault here as I have seen before.Unfortunately my info is not showing me any diagrams of your model to tell for sure if this pad needs replaced.If you have signals to the pad itself it is possible it does need replaced.Since no one else has posted any info here on this then this may need to be tested by a repair facility in your area that has the correct diagrams to do this testing.If this is not an option for you here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete