Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Have RV AC unit. It is humming and fan will not come on in

Customer Question

Have Coleman RV AC unit. It is humming and fan will not come on in ac or non ac mode. Thanks
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: yes and took out filter and took off cover on top unit. fan is turning slowly
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I live in rural area and need to do it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Its a 2007 model with light usage Thanks I can send pics if needed
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Take the cover off and check the fan for being locked up with wasp's nests or just needing a shot of WD40 on the motor shaft where it goes into the motor. Spin it so it spins free and try it again. Naturally, don't have it on when you do this! Let me know if this doesn't solve this and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Just following up here on your question. I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response or did you get this resolved? Easy to do with the large amount of e-mail most of us get these days! If you need me to resend it, please let me know. Thanks!