peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Second opinion] 2011 allegro red will not start trans comm

Customer Question

Second opinion] 2011 allegro red will not start cod trans comm falure
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: checked battery ok I did hit pos to ground
JA: What is the model of your '11 RV?
Customer: allegro red
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have changed blown fuse am getting a code trans comm foulte
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the owners manual tells me to look for a reset butten
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have a transmission communication fault check for any damaged wiring leading to the transmission or transmission ecu as this can cause this fault here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. then the power and grounds need tested to the transmission computer to see if they are all present and o.k.If any issues are found they will need corrected.If all wiring and connections as well as power and grounds are o.k. then this is most likely a fault with the transmission computer itself with it needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete