Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Its a Hydro flame # 7916-11, thermostat calls for heat,

Customer Question

Its a Hydro flame # 7916-11, thermostat calls for heat, blower comes on fine, but cool air only, no flame. RV has not been used for years, I just bought it.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?
Customer: I had no idea that there is a coolant level on a furnace only unit, and when you turn the thermostat all the way on, the fan starts blowing air and continues to.
JA: What is the model of your '11 RV?
Customer: It is a built in1994, sold new in1995, Slumber Queen 11 and one half Foot truck camper.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am and so far I have installed a brand new off the shelf large capacity, as big as will fit in the R.V. battery compartment, Marine/R.V. battery. Turned on propane bottle that is two thirds full and I lit up and let run the stove top for a while, all four burners and lit up the fridge on gas, it's still running. I have not bled the gas line to the funace, but I do not hear the ignighter ignighting, trying to ignight the gas.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Many times this is due to a faulty control board. Very common on these as they get older. The board can be taken out and tested, but this requires removing the front of the furnace and you might not want to attempt this yourself, but it isn't that hard. Most shops have a board tester and can to this for you. You might want to enlist the help of a good mobile tech here. If you do feel this is a job you can tackle, please let me know and I can direct you further here. I am attaching a link to the Service Manual for this model. Print this out so you have it. Good information! http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

If you do need a new board, I would go with an aftermarket board made by Dinosaur Electronics as they are far superior to the OEM boards and have an outstanding warranty. Shop around as the price varies. Should be about $85 or so. These just plug in and take just a few minutes to change out.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just following up here on your question. I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response or did you get this resolved? Easy to do with the large amount of e-mail most of us get these days! If you need me to resend it, please let me know. Thanks!