Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

In gas mode the fridge wont light, It wont fire to work,

Customer Question

In gas mode the fridge wont light
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: It wont fire to work
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Domestic RM 2611
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 1996
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I cleaned it. Checked all the wires.. the ignighter wont fire but it works if I manually light it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it going to cost me $?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

IF the unit is sparking on LP but not lighting off it could be a number of items and it is going to be a process of elimination. To start off I would access the back of the fridge where the electrode is located, the electrode is what does the sparking, below the electrode is the burner tube. Get an air nozzle and blow out the burner tuber really good, sometimes bugs and debris can get inside. Next make sure the electrode is properly adjusted and the ceramic on the electrode is not cracked and it is not sparking to ground outside the tip.

The LP pressure should also be verified it should be checked yearly got to the main LP valve at the tank, shut it and slowly open the valve back up, sometimes if the main valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up.

I am also going to give you a service manual on this, it is easy to understand, they do a good job on it, follow the troubleshooting for check light on... You should be able to find the problem. Click HERE for a service manual...

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Follow ups are included and I respond when I can. Please select a STAR rating on the page as well.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert