gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

The e5 code is coming on - we have gone through the reset

Customer Question

The e5 code is coming on - we have gone through the reset feature-it didn't change anything except now it says auto zone 1 E5 fan hi. We checked the "phone" cord in the back and that is plugged on correctly. Any more advise?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: E5 and yes we reset it twice.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005 cougar m290 the ac unit was just installed on Saturday along with the new thermostat.
JA: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just checked the cord in the back and tried to reset 2 times. Yes ourselves-husband is handy
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that covers it
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Which thermostat do you have? Make and version please.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

There are 4 digital models from Dometic. If you aren't sure which one you have you can attach a photo of it using the paperclip icon.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just following up here on your question. I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response or did you get this resolved? Easy to do with the large amount of e-mail most of us get these days! If you need me to resend it, please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are now back at the trailer. It's a dometic(###) ###-#### We bought and switched the thermostat out, we've had an electrician out to check all the wiring to make sure all the connections are correct-they are. The units fan will come on and blow but when the new thermostat is reset it continues to show the E5 error. We have also repunched both ends of the control wire-to make sure there was a solid connection.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have any problem paying the additional necessary to connect with you via phone call if you think you may have a solution.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

T​hat is the number for a Comfort Control II thermostat and an E-5 error is for the freeze control. We can check that if you have a small digital multimeter. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. In the meantime, try unplugging it in the control box and plug it back in again. Twin leads with a blue plug. Then try a reset and see if this clears. If you need the Owner's Manual for this please let me know and I can provide a link to one. I will be around all week-end if you want to keep after this for a solution. Thanks for getting back to me!