RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a domestic refer in my 84 Carver. The 12volt side…

Customer Question
I have a domestic...

I have a domestic refer in my 84 Carver. The 12volt side works fine but 120v side doesn't cool. The fidge is running but doesn't cool. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

1984 Carver 3697 motor yacht

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

It's a boat

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '84 RV?

3697 Carver motor yacht

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm fixing it myself I really haven't tried anything so far

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/15/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of your fridge? Get back to me with this information and I can assist you further. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The make is a Dometic not sure of model but I am pretty sure it's a 1984 year

I really can't go by that as they have so many models. I can tell you that MOST of the double door models have two heating elements on the AC side and that when one burns out, it won't cool well. If it cools fine on LP mode and only so-so on AC mode then this is the most common cause. Low input AC voltage would do this as well. You might want to take a small digital mutimeter and check that AT the fridge. If you can get me the model number I can supply more here. No time limit on follow ups. Hope this gives you a place to start.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There's no LP on it it's just 12 V or 120 V and it's only a single door well there is two doors one for the fridge and one for the freezer

Then it may have a separate thermostat for the 120 VAC side. Some older models have that feature. Chances are good that it won't have 2 heating elements then. Again, if I knew the model I could offer more and a manual for helping you check it.

It may be a compressor model as well. They have dozens of models on these.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model no Dl728 serial no 34501 1a and sorry it's a nor cold my bad

I am not familiar with any models with that designation. Norcold is not good about maintain parts for older compressor fridges and most all of the "D" series models are built that way. I suspect that it is the thermostat for the AC side, but only some testing would tell you that and even then, parts may be a problem. I will do some looking, but I don't recognize that model number.

There is a model "DE728" and Sears has parts for those sometimes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That maybe it it's kind of hard to see

I suspect it is. I am attaching a link to the Sears parts list. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/DE728/0761/0413140.html

Just following up here on your question. I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response or did you get this resolved? Easy to do with the large amount of e-mail most of us get these days! If you need me to resend it, please let me know. Thanks!