peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Have a 2004 grand Santana with electric couch, when I push

Have a 2004 grand Santana with electric couch, when I push the button nothing happens, house batteries are charged
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: I have two house batteries they both show 13.53 D.C. Volts
JA: What is the model of your '04 RV?
Customer: Model is a m3480ds
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not doing anything. I'm just asking if there might be a fuse or could the motor be bad or the switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a fault with the control switch for the couch itself.If the switch has failed it will cause this here and can be most common as it can wear over time.It is also possible the motor is at fault or wiring so the best thing to do here is to have this system tested further to see which is the cause here then once this is done the fault can be located and repaired.This is best tested by a facility that has access to all diagrams for this model as well as the correct test equipment.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Pete for responding. We are camping now and the internet is spotty at best. When we return home we will take it to our local rv repair and hope for the best

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete