RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an atwood furnace in my camper. It won't ignite and…

Customer Question
I have an atwood...

I have an atwood furnace in my camper. It won't ignite and the ignition lockout fault light is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Blinking red light inside furnace 3 blinks every 3 seconds

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2012 four wheel camper . the model no of furnace is 8012-11

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes nothing just saw blinking lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I bought a domestic thermostat and wanted to know if it will work with atwood furnace

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/11/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This code pretty much means that the control board or electronics is not sensing or detecting the flame. It could be the control board or possibly the electrode or high tension wire. IF you can hear it trying to ignite (clicking) I would go cycle your main LP tank valve open it back up slowly. Sometimes if the main LP valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you may not get the proper pressure. Next what I would do is access the circuit board and remove it, have a RV shop/store test the board out, these boards do fail and a RV shop or store can test it with a special board tester, if the board tests good I would replace the electrode. This is assuming you have good LP pressure, the LP pressure should be checked yearly and that is a 15 min check in the shop with a manometer. I doubt the thermostat is the problem if that was the case the fan would never come on it sends a signal when you turn it on and the fan comes on.

Also make sure you have good DC battery voltage. Click HERE for a service manual, it may help out...

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert