peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have an American Eagle model45 and I have a fault on the

Customer Question

Good morning I have an American Eagle model45 B and I have a fault on the levelling system. The hydraulic dual acting jack won't retract
JA: What year is your Eagle?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your Eagle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Contact the dealer who told me to contact America Eagle so I contacted the manufacturer of the control system Valid Manufacturing and we determine it was either the pump or a fuse. When I contacted American Eagle they told me to remove the oil from the jack and force them up with a 2x4
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: The unit is brand new I just bought it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well what would be is recommendation in removing the oil from the jacks and preventing them from drifting down as I drive to the dealer which is 3 hours away
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be a fault with the wiring to the pump or the pump motor itself.Even though this is new it is possible that it has an internal electrical fault causing this issue here with it needing replaced again under parts warranty.I would have this tested to be sure of the cause then repaired from there.

In some cases there will be a bleed or pump drain screw that can be removed to bleed out the fluid then the jack retracted and held up into place with a strap.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete