Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We are considering buying a 2011 Jayco Jaylight 36BHDS. We

Customer Question

We are considering buying a 2011 Jayco Jaylight 36BHDS. We note on the back side of the slideouts toward the bottom outer side some blistered areas where the paint has come off. What would cause that? How could the problem be resolved?
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Jayco Jayflight 2011 36BHDS
JA: What is the model of your '11 RV?
Customer: Isn't 36BHDS the model designation? What other options?
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are considering purchase from a dealer. They have proposed covering that area with a product called Extreme tape.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

IF the paint is coming of the room it could be electrolysis or a de-lam that is occurring. A delam is when water gets behind the paint and starts to bubble as the glue breaks down and the paint will start to come off. Electrolysis takes place when two different metals contact with each other in the presence of an electrolyte. My opinion is if they are going to cover it up they are not properly fixing the area, it would have to be cleaned up really good, find out what the moisture has gotten behind the paint and then sanded and re-painted, the problem here is it might spread over time, I would be cautious of this repair they want to do. Of course I can not see what you are, if you want to respond back with some pictures it would help out, you can use the paper clip icon to add photos into your reply.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert