gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have an Dometic 2820 Refrigerator that has a new cooling

Customer Question

I have an Dometic 2820 Refrigerator that has a new cooling unit in it and everything was working well until a few weeks ago when my batteries died and i had to get new ones and now after putting new fuses in it. It still doesn't work
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Both batteries are brand new and only about 1 month old
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1988 Kit 5th Wheel
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: remodeling it myself for the past four years
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no other problems
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Are you sure you got the batteries hooked up correctly? Check the polarity and be sure that is correct. Then check the fuses on the control board and be sure those are good. If you have a small digital multimeter this is pretty easy to track down. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and I can direct you in some testing if we need to dig deeper into this. All follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just following up here on your question. I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response or did you get this resolved? Easy to do with the large amount of e-mail most of us get these days! If you need me to resend it, please let me know. Thanks!