Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Problem with slideout. Slow & sluggish. Can I fix it, or who

Customer Question

Problem with slideout. Slow & sluggish. Can I fix it, or who can I call in Yermo/Barstow, Calif?
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Jayco, 24 BFS
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, and nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

SO many times the slide-room is wired directly to the battery so you want to make sure the battery cables are clean and tight AND the battery is good. Most auto parts stores can load test the battery for free of charge and it would be a good starting point, if the battery was dropping under 11 volts when the slide-room was moving it could cause it to slow down and be sluggish. Make sure all your cables are clean and tight and the main ground is clean. IF your slide has rails underneath the room then I would spray them down with some silicone spray, silicone spray will not attract dust or dirt.... Beyond that it could be a weak motor or possibly the room is out of adjustment and may require a shop to have a look.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert