peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My 1993 beaver contesa do not shift light is on. It has a

Customer Question

My 1993 beaver contesa do not shift light is on. It has a code 23 12. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you .
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Do not shift light.
JA: What is the model of your '93 RV?
Customer: C ontessa
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fixing my self 150 miles from home . Battery voltage 12 volts.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually a warning light or message like this here indicates that a fault has been detected by one or more computer in your vehicle.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.There may be a way to flash the fault codes out but unfortunately my info isnt showing how this is done here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete