peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Above my stove all my lights dont come on unless generator

Customer Question

above my stove all my lights dont come on unless generator is on like water pump and water heater and tank s full indicator lights could it be a fuse and where would that be itsa 1999 gulfstream sun seeker
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: yes one is under bed im not suer about other one
JA: What is the model of your '99 RV?
Customer: its gulf sream sun voyager diesel
JA: Are you fixing your Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just looked at back fuse panel just got back from trip noticed it wasnt working when i got back ok when gen is on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still no answer ??
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an issue with a power inverter/converter failing to provide power when plugged in to shore power or with the batteries.I would have this checked into and tested further to be sure but I have seen this fail before and cause issues like this here with it needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Absolutely no help at all really not an answer

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete