RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2004norcold service man reset last year, with jumper wire,

Customer Question
2004norcold service man reset...

2004norcold service man reset last year, with jumper wire, cant remember which wires he used. any suggestions

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Checked fuses, not sure about diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2004 winnabego

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.. checked fuses, unplugged circuit board and it reset for about 4 hrs now quit running on electric or gas

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
5/1/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the MODEL of the Norcold??? Are you getting a code on the display???

Thanks, Robert

we are getting the on button is blinking 5 times. this is in a 2004 winnabego

OK

What is the model of the Norcold, I can send you the reset procedures but need to know if you have a Norcold 1200 as there is something else to check out...

Robert

not sure the model. tried the reset using pin 15 to ground but still flashing

OK

IF you have a Norcold 1200 model go to the outside access panel and look for a small black box, on the box is a red led, if you have that and the LED is ON then the fridge is locked out. That is a high limit, if you do have that it can be reset with a magnet, you hold it on the sensor above the light, inside is a reed switch. I will send you the reset procedures as well so you can verify the reset, it will depend on the style of board you have as to the way you reset it. Give me a few and I will send them....
Robert

there are no leds on circuit board

Click HERE and HERE to view..... Once again if you have the 1200 model need to check for the sensor.

The leds are NOT on the circuit board, click HERE

Also on the reset if the fridge has been running it needs to cool off before you try the reset. IF you do NOT have the black box sensor check on the flue canister for a tripped thermal disc, see link below.... Many will have a thermal disc on the flue with a tiny button on them that pops out when they trip.....

Robert

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert