Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Need to change fuel filter in a Monaco with a 330 cummins ..

Customer Question

Need to change fuel filter in a Monaco with a 330 cummins .. Some times engine shuts down like its running out of fuel ???
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: A fuel and water filter are in the rear were the engine is easy access
JA: What year is your Monaco?
Customer: 1999 Windsor 38 ft
JA: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Bought the fuel and water filter..They are long and red ..Easy access from the back
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

When you change the fuel filters what you want to do is get a pan under the filters as they may drip a bit, pre-fill the filters with clean diesel and when you go to start the engine cycle the ignition key, do not start, you should hear the lift pump come on and then shut off, do that about 6 times and then crank the engine over and it should stay running for you. IF you do not pre-fill the filters and cycle the key you could get air in the fuel lines and that would be an issue.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating on the page...

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert