RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do you turn on the Domestic RV Refrigerator? When we…

Customer Question
How do you turn...

How do you turn on the Domestic RV Refrigerator? When we loaded the Frig the blue light went out and now we can't turn it on again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the frig little blue light you can see on the outside of the frig between the freezer compartment and the frig area.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Our Rockwood Ultra Lit is a 2016.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we're on the road

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The frig went on at home so before we left, it appeared it was working then.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/8/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

What is the Model of the Dometic, should be a sticker inside the door with the model number....

Robert

Dometic has a bunch of different models, click HERE and see if this is yours.

The fridge needs a good DC power source to turn on, so if it is not turning on at ALL check your battery voltage. The voltage can change if you are not plugged into power, when you are plugged into power the power converter will take the AC voltage and make the DC voltage, when you unplug you are running off of battery power so I would check that first.

Also if the fridge is not turning on you will find a circuit board under the outside access panel, the cover comes off and there are some fuses, one is for the DC side or what allows the fridge to turn, it is shown in the manual I sent, all Norcolds have a board and are set up like... IF you do pull the cover on the board make sure you unplug the plug in from the outlet, one fuse is AC power and you do not want to touch that fuse with it plugged in...

IF that is not your model please get back to me with that. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Please respond back here if needed, I closed the other question so you do not get charged again....

Robert