RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Just purchasrd a 2010 fleetwood pulse and ,like to know how…

Customer Question
Just purchasrd a 2010...

Just purchasrd a 2010 fleetwood pulse and wood,like to know how the electrical systems work. when you have the engine running can you turn on aux batterys when on the move? does the engine charged the aux batteries? does the generator charge the aux batteries and last, does the eng alt keep fridge operating on the move? Thanks Russ

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Battery drain is not a problem, just want to know how the systems interact. Yes i've tested and batts are in good shape.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not having a problem, just don't unserstand how the power systems interact.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
4/7/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

Going to give you some info that is specific for your unit....

House batteries provide 12-volt DC power. These batteries are not the chassis 12-volt batteries. Power is also provided by a DC converter that operates when the motor home electrical cord is plugged into 120-volt AC power source or by the generator (if equipped). The house batteries are charged by the motor home engine alternator, or by the converter when it is operating.

SO yes you can turn the AUX battery switch underway as the alternator will charge the batteries. IF you want to use the fridge ON AC power while you are underway then you will need to run it on LP OR start the generator for AC power operation. The fridge should run on LP or AC power, for AC power while you are NOT plugged in you will need the generator going.

Hope this helps, please feel free to follow up if needed, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating.

Robert

One other thing on the fridge, you do want to shut it off before fueling up as any heat sources should be off.

Robert

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert