RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2016 Airstream that I just de-winterized and I get…

Customer Question
I have a 2016 Airstream...
I have a 2016 Airstream that I just de-winterized and I get no hot water when using electricity. It works fine on LP. It is an Atwood GE-9-ext. I have 12v going to the heating element and when disconnected, the heating element has .5 ohms resistance. Is the element bad and, if so, do you have a part number of the element I need.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
4/1/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

So if you are measuring resistance across the two contacts on the meter you should have around 10 ohms for a 1400 watt element, (should be around 1440 watt) if that is the case the element is in fact bad and you have checked the voltage going to it. Any RV parts store can get you the element they are pretty standard, just give them the model number of the Atwood and you should be able to get one.

Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a star rating on the page...

Sometimes a full tank can give you a false reading, so I might drain it and ohm it out again... If it still reads the same I would replace it....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.

Robert

Atwood part number is 92249

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert