RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2008 Fleetwood Southwind. We are having trouble…

We have a 2008...

We have a 2008 Fleetwood Southwind. We are having trouble with the leveler. The will not go down and when I tried to put them down the back passenger side level went down about 3 inches and stopped. It will not retract and the others will not go down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried turning the engine on, slides in, emergency brake on. I turned on the panel and then tried retract first. Then I tried pushing both the rear and right buttons together. Then I get a lot of beeping.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?

I don't know if the brakes have been replaced. Where do I check the brake fluid. I must add that I graduated from RV tech school, but did not have the hands on training that was promised.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that none of the other levels with move.

3/29/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

Who is the manufacturer of the jacks??? IT should say on the control panel...

Robert

Power Gear. Touch Pad #140-1226 Control Box #(###) ###-####

OK have you tried engine running foot brake applied and release the parking brake, it should have an auto retract so you do not drive with the jacks down, the panel will flash and an alarm will sound and the jacks should retract.

Robert

These are electric jacks, they use the same control pad for both electric and hydraulic but the control box number is ***** electric version. Click HERE for a manual, it is possible to run the jacks up manually...... Robert

Sorry I can not do a phone call at this time. I sent you some info where you can try and get the jacks up manually the jacks should have a rubber boot with a lever, if you move that lever and use a 16 mm socket and drill you should be able to run the jack up so you can at least travel, look the manual over it should help you out, once again click HERE

You can also try and apply 12 volts to the motor and it covers that as well. IF the jack will not move at all you may have sheered a pin in the jack, when that happens the pin gets bent into the gears and it will not move.

Robert

I see you opened a new question, you should be able to respond back here if needed, I closed the question you just opened so you do not get charged again....

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Phone call session started