RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do you shut off the alarm for the jacks 1999 Fleetwood…

How do you shut...

How do you shut off the alarm for the jacks 1999 Fleetwood Southwind help please

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Cadillac Fleetwood. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Not at the moment thank you

2/28/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert..

Normally when you hear the jack alarm going off the reservoir tank is low on fluid, there is a float switch inside the tank as the jacks retract the fluid gets pushed back to the tank and raises the float switch. I would find the tank and make sure the fluid level is to the top with the jacks retracted. IF you do not know where the tank is run the jacks and listen for the motor, the tank will be connected to the motor. IF you still need more help please tell me which leveling system you have for the jacks, it should say on the controls that you use to operate them.

Robert

Sorry I can not do a phone service at this time, also there is an added fee for that as well.

DID you check the level in the tank for the jacks???

Robert

Had jacks serviced 7/16. Is cold weather the alarm still goes off until it warms up as we drive down the road. Now it just goes off all the time. There seems to be enough fluid in the tanks. Is there an alternative way to shut off this alarm? Is that what you want to say

I would still verify the level in the tank if you can.

What you might be able to do is disconnect the control panel inside and see if that allows you to drive with the alarm OFF. I am not sure which Jack system you have..

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
RV Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 5 years ago
Cary York
Phone call session started