RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2005 Fleetwood discovery where is the converter located. yes…

Customer Question
2005 Fleetwood discovery where...

2005 Fleetwood discovery where is the converter located.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am, I have half my plugs out reset all breakers including the two on the inverter, I know the converter is out because mybatterys are dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I hear clicking noise when one breaker is on so I turned it off comes like its coming from under the bed behind the electrical panel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I'm thinking from the converter if it; located under the bed.just a couple days

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
2/12/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert.....

I am pretty sure you only have an inverter, the inverter would charge the batteries and make the AC voltage when you are unplugged from power.

Go to the inverter and follow the cables from the inverter to the battery, look for a large fuse that is bolted to the frame, it will have the cable coming from the inverter to that fuse and then out to the battery. IF that fuse is blown then it would not charge. Try shutting the inverter down as well and restarting it.

SOMETIMES you will find a power converter to go along with the inverter but I do not think your unit is set up like that but I could be wrong. IF you have low voltage from the batteries the clicking could be coming from a component due to that low voltage, sometimes relays, solenoids etc will do that....

I would also confirm the voltage at the batteries if the battery voltage is good at the batteries it could be a battery disconnect solenoid issue. When they fail they will not allow the DC power into the RV, that would only apply if you have good voltage at the batteries....

Robert

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert