RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

When you drop the potiable water tank on roadtrek 190,how…

Customer Question
When you drop the...

When you drop the potiable water tank on roadtrek 190,how are the water lineshookedup from the tank to thepump . When filling the tank water floods out from the top of the tank?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

********  ******** *******@g mail.com

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 190?

2000 on adodge chassis

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 190 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I found that i have abreak where the flex hose makes the turn from vertical to horizontal, by the generator exhaust pipe do i have to driil out the two pop rivets on thewhite plastic thing? That is fastened into the door jam then pull that piece of flex hose up thru the flange hole. I know ihave aproblem there. Idont know if im getting into a bees nest on the top of the tank.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
2/9/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert.....

Yes you should be able to pull that out of the door jamb once the rivets are drilled out that flex line will run to the tank and should have a clamp or go into a fitting. I have seen some road treks where they will use a male fitting that is spun into the tank and then the line is connected to that sometimes that fitting that threads into the tank can break at the tank and cause problems. IF it is in the fix hose pipe I might see if you can cut the old section out and then use sometimes type barb to tie the pipes together with hose clamps so you do not have to drop the entire tank, I am sure that access is not great as it is also a challenge to work on anything on these. IF you want to send me a few photos of that area where the leak is it may help, you can add photos into your reply using the paper clip icon...

Robert