Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

No power to ac outlet s for TV and front outlet s,

Customer Question

No power to ac outlet s for TV and front outlet s
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2002 Damon ultrasport
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check outlets
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

HI my name is Robert...

Go around the RV and make sure you do not have a GFI that is tripped, normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be just about anywhere else including the outside so make sure you look everywhere to make sure one is not tripped. These will be outlets with a test and reset on them. Go to the breaker panel and shut off each breaker at a time and then turn them on one at a time, sometimes a breaker can trip and not look like it. Finally if you have an inverter (allows you to have AC power when you are unplugged) make sure you do not have a breaker tripped on it, most inverters have one or two breakers on them. Also if you have the ignition key ON shut it off and see if you get power to the outlets, most RV manufacturers have an ignition override and it prevents you from watching the TV when you are driving down the road....

Let me know if you still need more help on this, I am around daily and respond when I can, follow ups are included..

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping...

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert