Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I recently bought a 2014 Rookwood 5th wheel. I then had

Customer Question

I recently bought a 2014 Rookwood 5th wheel. I then had satellite receiver me installed. For several weeks S
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: I recentlyb
JA: What is the model of your '14 RV?
Customer: I think cently bought a 2024 Rookwood 5th wheel. (It is a 32 ft Siganitur). I had a satellite dome for Directtvinstalled. It works great until yesterday.. The Direct receiver and the TV lost power. I have power coming in and out of the breaker box, but nothing at the receivers. I noticed a device I've never seen before. It
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the breaker box and have power in and out, but nothing at the receiver nor TV. Looked for a circuit breaker but found one.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did o ered several device about 3in long by 1/2 inchlong. Never seenit before
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Have you gone around the RV and checked all the GFI'S?? These will be outlets with a test and reset on them, they are normally in the bathroom and or galley but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside.....

IF you have power in and out of all your breakers you should have power at all the outlets unless a GFI is tripped.... Only other thing I can think of is if you have an inverter, most inverters have two breakers on them, not all RVS have them, it allows you to have AC power when you are NOT plugged in..

You should be able to use the paper clip icon when you respond to add photos if you want to send me a picture of that device you are seeing...

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Reset gfi in bathroom. No luck.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Make sure you do not have another one that is hiding, they like to stick them around water sources, sometimes the kitchen will have one but make sure you check outside as well.

I am not sure of the device you are seeing. IF you can send a picture of that it might help....

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Irerset all gfis. No luck. Also, o power outside. Noticed several strange devices near the TV. Power goes in and out. Never seen devices.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

I am not sure what the devices are, they could be for the sat receiver but hard for me to say without seeing.

The only other thing I can suggest is to get a polarity checker and see if there is some kind of wiring issue going on, most Home Improvement stores have them, it simply plugs into the outlets and will tell you if there is a wiring fault going on.

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a star rating on the page.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Irerset all gfis. No luck. Also, o power outside. Noticed several strange devices near the TV. Power goes in and out. Never seen devices.I can't get a pricture --too incredible. They are inline with the power lines. Three of them.
I
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

No idea on what they are, I would try and check the polarity at the outlets with the checker, if these devices are in-line they might be the issue and a polarity checker would tell you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Irerset all gfis. No luck. Also, o power outside. Noticed several strange devices near the TV. Power goes in and out. Never seen devices.I can't get a pricture --too in inaccessible Hi my. They are inline with the power lines. Three of them.?
White, about ,3inches lone by 3/4 inch wide.