Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Was curious if there were any problems with the CAT engine

Customer Question

Was curious if there were any problems with the CAT engine in the 2007 Revolution LE coaches.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 15750 miles with allison
JA: What is the model of your '07 RV?
Customer: Fleetwood Revolution LE
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Am about to purchase and have not had a cat motor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Not at all, they are good engines and should be a very nice RV for you. The major players have been Cummins and CAT and they each have there own class of engines and HP. They are both quality engine manufacturers. I would not let it stop you from the purchase but you do want to have a chassis inspection done prior to purchase, a dealer should do this already.

The best built engines can have issues if routine maintenance is not done, most owners will do that yearly so if it is a private seller I would ask for receipts. An annual service consist of oil, oil filter, fuel filter, lube the chassis, inspect fluids, belts, air filter etc.

One knock I have is your engine might not have a manual fuel prime pump. The CATS are really hard to get going if you loose fuel prime, normally that is only the issue if you put the fuel filters on dry. I would ask if that engine has the manual prime pump, if not then make sure you pre fill the fuel filters with clean diesel before you fill them up, or you can have problems getting it started...

Low miles on this is a bonus, should last a long time..

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns....

Robert