Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

When I use the furnace function for heat in my RV the fan in

Customer Question

When I use the furnace function for heat in my RV the fan in the rooftop unit runs constantly. Is this normal?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No leaks. But should the fan run all the time?
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2016 Coachmen Mirada
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet since I don't know if this is normal or not.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I have two identical units but the display on the control is Fahrenheit on one control box and it is Celsius on the other box. Is there a way to change the display back to Fahrenheit?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

Most likely yes, many setups have a heat pump inside the AC unit and when you use the LP furnace it works in conjunction with the AC heat pump and the fan will help circulate the air around the RV. The air coming out should not be cold but should be warm or at room temperature. There may be a way to turn that off and just use the LP furnace but I would need to see what type of thermostat you have.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert