RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2002 nuwa 35" fifth wheel. When my wife was drying

Customer Question
her hair a circuit blew...
I have a 2002 nuwa 35" fifth wheel. When my wife was drying her hair a circuit blew. What went out were 10 outlets and 4 stayed on. I have looked at every outlet insid and out and non have gif. I checking the power box there was a breaker marked gif. It seemed funky so I replaced it. Still no power to the 10 outlr
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: The front outlet by the bed and three in the very back work. Kitchen, bath and 5 in media center are dead.
JA: What is the model of your '02 RV?
Customer: 2002 NUWA Champaing
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I have sought out every 110 power outlet for gfi and found none
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
1/6/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert.....

This really sounds like a tripped GFI, they normally are in the bathroom and or galley but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside of the RV, so I would look one more time and make sure you look in all your cabinets, outside storage compartments, where the fridge is plugged in etc.

IF you have power in and out of the breaker for the outlets go to the first non working outlet that is closest to the breaker panel and check for voltage, work away from the panel. If one were to fail the others will also go down.

The only other item I can think of is if your 5th wheel had an inverter, most inverters will have two breakers on them, not all RV'S will have an inverter, an inverter allows you to have AC power when you are NOT plugged into power...

Let me know if you still need more help.... Robert

NO that is 12 volt, I wanted to make sure you did not have an inverter...

Let me ask you this, what power source are you plugged into 50 or a 30 amp?

Are you using any extension cords on the main cord?

Try this as well, unplug from power, shut ALL the breakers OFF, plug back into power and turn on each breaker one at a time....

Do you have a generator built into the 5th wheel? IF so and you run that do you get the power back?

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I accidentally hit call me. Please cancel call.I have 50 amp and have disconnected reconnected and turned each breaker off and on.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no generator

OK

SO if you have a 50 amp service you have two 110 hot legs coming into the RV, check the supply box the RV is plugged into and make sure there is not a breaker tripped, many times for a 50 amp the supply will have two breakers.

Beyond that you have to check for AC voltage in and out of the breaker for the outlets that are not working, if you have voltage out of the breaker then go to the first non working outlet and check it. It really sounds like you have a GFI hiding, especially if you have AC voltage in and out of the breaker. I get what you are saying that you have checked but that is what it sounds like. Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you see the pic I sent

YES they are 12 volt breakers, nothing to do with this issue, AC power comes in and goes right to the breaker panel, and then out to all your breakers, from the breakers to the outlets etc....

Might want to try a polarity checker as well, it will plug into the outlets and tell you if there is a wiring fault, bad ground, open neutral etc... Most home improvement stores have them for a few dollars.... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will get a tester and followup in the morniing

Sounds good.....

Robert

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns....

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic