Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I just bought a 1993 Dutchman RV. How do i turn the furnace

Customer Question

i just bought a 1993 Dutchman RV. How do i turn the furnace on ?
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1993 ford dutchman rv
JA: What is the model of your '93 RV?
Customer: Dutchman
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: to turn the furnace on at the thermostat
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Make sure you have the LP tank turned on, go to the thermostat and turn it ON to furnace and then raise the temp, what should happen is the fan should kick on for the furnance, after about 30 seconds the electrode should spark and you should have heat.

IF that is not happening please get me the make and model of the furnace.... Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

IF the fan is not coming on it could be a bad thermostat, time delay relay, circuit board, fan motor or blown fuse or breaker.... Need the make and model.

I am around daily and respond when I can please let me know if you need more help, please keep in mind I only get credit for helping when you select a star rating on the page, you can follow up with me as much as needed. Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Does it have to be plugged into electric, or the generator running?
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

No but you do need good 12 volts so I would check the battery voltage, if it is under 11 volts it may be an issue. The fan should be coming on, if you had low voltage the fan would come on but it would never spark, the fan needs to spin fast enough to close a sail switch and then you would get spark. Some furnaces have a breaker or on/off switch on them, remove the outside access panel and look for that, check the fuses inside the RV at the main fuse panel........ Let me know... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Please follow up on this page.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

There is a phone service as well for an added fee but you are not obligated to do that.... Just respond back here if needed.... Or if you would like a call I can send you the request.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert