Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I tripped a breaker and can't find the breaker box, 2016

Customer Question

I tripped a breaker and can't find the breaker box
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2016 Jayco Jay Flight
JA: What is the model of your '16 RV?
Customer: Not sure, I thought Jay Flight was the model
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm fixing it myself. Is there a breaker box on the inside and if so, where would it be?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally the breaker box will always be inside, it may have a wood finished panel like the rest of your cabinets, try looking under the fridge, on the outside base of the bed, under the bed and in the closet area, in all your upper cabinets, they will stick these breaker panels inside 99% of the time so you have quick access to them. IF you do not have power to the outlets also make sure you do not have a tripped GFI, these will be outlets with a test and reset on them, they are normally in the bathroom and or galley....

Please let me know if you need more help on this... Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, I looked in all the cabinets and couldn't find it. I'll look under the bed when I get off work today. Thanks again
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

No problem at all, let me know if you still need more help I am around daily and respond when I can.

If you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a star rating on the page it is the only way I get credit for helping out..

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

SO this is what the manual says it shows the panel and it looks plastic and has a cover on the left side that you can remove near the right side or some slots which would be to help air circulate.

The Load Center contains 12VDC fuses and 120VAC circuit breakers for almost all of the electrical appliances and circuits in the RV. The 120V Main Breaker (if so equipped) is located in this panel and will turn off all 120-volt power to the recreation vehicle. The load center is a hinged panel typically attached to a cabinet face in the main living area. Locations will vary by model. Refer to the diagram inside the Load Center for specific fuse assignments. Most load centers contain the same components, but they may be positioned differently. Not all load centers will include a main breaker.

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT