RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Our RV is a Bounder Gas unit. The rig is sitting outside our

Customer Question
Our RV is a Bounder...
Our RV is a Bounder Gas unit. The rig is sitting outside our home. It is set up for visitors. The refrgerator quit working. It was running, it will start up, but doesn't stay running. Please advise
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Nothing has changed
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1997 Bounder/ model I don't kno.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Rig has not been used much in the last two years
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
1/4/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

HI my name is Robert......

What is the make and model of the fridge, when it turns off are you getting any codes or blinking lights on the display. I should be able to send you a detailed service manual but need the make and model..... Should be a sticker inside the Door with the model number, most Dometics start with a RM and Number and most Nrocolds start with the letter n and then number...

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a domestic, side by side. it jumps from electric to gas but doesn't stay running. RM.... I have to go back inside I took Pictures but only got the RM7, be right back

OK....

Pictures help, you should be able to use the paper clip icon to add any photos....

Robert

All I need is the model number, it should be a RM and number, then I can take a look to see which one it is and what the possible causes are.

Robert

Was just checking in to see if you got that model number or need more help??

Robert

I see you opened another question and said the model was a 7732, please respond back here, I closed the other question so you do not get charged again....

Are you trying to run the fridge on AC or LP??? Have you tried running it on both sources? Is it cycling back between AC and LP?

Robert

When you troubleshoot these it is going to be a process of elimination. I am going to give you a service manual which is detailed and will allow you to check some components out. Click HERE for that manual.

IF it is starting on gas and then shutting down go to the outside access panel and find the burner tuber, the burner tube will be below the electrode or what sparks, get an air nozzle and blow out that tube really good, sometimes bugs and debris can get in the tube and cause problems.

Check your DC voltage going into the fridge, the fridge requires DC voltage to turn ON, if the voltage was low the fridge may not work correctly, it should be over 12 volts going into the fridge.

Also if it works on AC power and not LP it could be a bad gas valve, LP pressure problem, circuit board etc, the manual is needed to do some in depth checking..

Please let me know if you need more help on this, respond back to this and I can assist you more if needed....

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic