Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Just bought used 2014 HR presidential on Friday. In the

Customer Question

just bought used 2014 HR presidential on Friday. In the bathroom I noticed that the bathroom floor was spongy around toilet and shower. I have not contacted dealer yet but was wondering is it hard to fix it.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2014 holiday rambler predidential
JA: What is the model of your '14 RV?
Customer: 363rl
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Yes it can be a project to pull the flooring out, replace any rot and then install a new floor, it would have to be cut out. I would bring it back to the dealer and have them inspect it, if you just purchased this you should have some type of limited warranty, I would get it writing if they say it is normal and then you can have another shop take a look. If the toilet or shower was leaking it can definitely make that area spongy. I would say labor wise in a shop maybe 8-12 hours of labor depending if there is any rot under the flooring....

Let me know if you have more questions or concerns, follow ups are included..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert