gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Have a 2007 keystone outback. m-23 rss. hooked up batteries

Customer Question

hi... have a 2007 keystone outback. m-23 rss . hooked up batteries and 110 ac. lights work water pump works but none of the appliances work. converter has power coming in and 12 volts going out fuses good breakers good but nothing works
JA: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: friend just bought it and does not know the history on it. by the way the remote for the heater is missing also
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I an trying to just get things to work and nothing but lights and recepticles.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am pretty sure i wont be able to get the heater to work without remote thermostat. i cant get the fridge to turn on or the water heater to light. stove lights up.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Are you sure that the polarity on the batteries is correct? Do you have 6 VDC or 12 VDC batteries? Attach a photo of the battery hookups to your post and perhaps I can spot the problem. If you have a small digital multimeter this is much easier to track down. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. Get back to me with this information and I can help you sort this out. All follow ups are included in our fee.